The Scientific Research and Experimental Development ("SR&ED") tax credit program is a generous tax funding program available to clients that you may not have considered. Medical doctors and many other professionals are presently benefiting from this program - don’t let ignorance or lack of confidence prevent your clients from accessing this funding.
This course includes a blend of technical and financial information, updates, analysis, and insight on current issues using real life case studies. The first portion of the session will focus on policy compliance as well as on practical application. This segment will walk attendees through multiple, interrelated policy documents, guides, and forms providing clear examples of both what to do – and what not to do – when submitting a SR&ED application.
If reviewed, demonstrating compliance a critical aspect of a successful application. The second portion of the session will outline the current CRA review and dispute resolution processes, provide insight into Request For Information (RFI) letters, and highlight several recent Tax Court of Canada rulings that illustrate the importance of documentation. This course will be developed from real life examples and case studies.
Topics covered in this course will include:
- SR&ED – Overview and History
- Overview of Investment Tax Credit (ITC) Rates – Federal / Provincial
- Key Definitions – Income Tax Act & Glossary
- Claim Forms & Guides (Technical & Financial)
- Review & Dispute Resolution Processes, incl. Claim Review Manual
- Request for Information Letters
- Significant Case Law (Historical and Current)